[esnacc-discuss] Java and eSNACC

Aaron Conole aconole at bytheb.org
Wed Jul 6 17:58:19 UTC 2016

Long ago, in the mid-1990s, IBM wrote a snacc-alike which was for java,
and is called Snacc4Java.  It may be possible, and a good idea, to write
up the port of Java.  I'm not sure how much we should follow the
original snacc4java designs.

I know someone is working on a Rust port, and someone else is working on
a C# port.  Any thoughts on what it would take to tackle this?  Any
volunteers :)?

I don't think this is strictly required for a usable release, but I want
to target Java as a language we support at some point.